Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rome Wasn't Built in a Day.

One of my goals for this weekend was to fold the mountain of laundry that was on the chair in my living room. You may recall, it looked like this:
When I got up Saturday morning, my plan was: sort dirty laundry, start washing machine, begin to clean kitchen and rest of the house.  I jumped right in.  The chair now looks like this:

So, progress was made.  I also tackled the counter in my bathroom, the living room in general, the kitchen and my bedroom.  I'm not done, and I have to also begin to sift through and scale back in anticipation of moving in a few months, but this progress feels good.

In other news, my home is now shared with two kittens.  One is currently called Isla, and one is called Skinny Gene.  Skinny Gene has the cutest cross-eyes ever, and he is at least part Havana Brown.  Isla was rescued from under a dumpster near Stone Soup (for those of you who know where that is).  So far so good, they are playful and cute, and very low maintenance.  My allergies have not acted up so maybe this will work after all.  I will post pictures when I can get them to sit still long enough.

Tomorrow is my next workout.  I just have to keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.  I didn't get this stunning physique overnight, so it will take some time to reshape it.  The immediate things are just as hard to tackle.  Keeping that chair cleaned off for instance.  Daily challenge.  I don't know why it's so hard for me.  It is easier in the long run to take 15 minutes a day to tidy up. 

I am struggling to find humor in this whole thing.  Humor is my safety zone.  I use my sense of humor to deflect, but I also just genuinely enjoy funny stuff.  So far, not much of this journey has been laughable.  But I am confident that it will eventually get a little easier to joke about it.

Jackie would NEVER go without a decent manicure, and rather than pay someone to do it for me, I am going to use the Super Bowl as time to do my own.  Trying something new..do-it-yourself gel polish that doesn't need to be cured under a UV lamp.  Wish me luck!  On the other hand, having this be an epic failure could lead to some really entertaining Edward Scissorhands jokes...

No comments:

Post a Comment