Tuesday, February 14, 2012

6500 Emails

6500+ Emails.  That is how many emails were in my inbox for work.  Needless to say, I'm not a big fan of the delete button.  My company uses Lotus Notes (I know, I know...) and mine has been acting up lately.  The IT guys updated my version, etc, but to no avail.  Today, it randomly started changing views on me.  I typically sort by date, with the most recent being at the top.  I would glance away, then look up, and it would be showing a string of emails from July 2011.  Totally crazy.  This happened like six times.  I called the IT guys who was baffled.  That's never a good thing.  In the course of conversation he suggested that maybe deleting some of those would at least increase the speed of the program.  Either way, I am probably in line for a new work laptop.

Also, I took Isla to the vet to be spayed yesterday but she has to weight at least 5 pound, which of course she doesn't.  So all in all this has been a great start to this week.  I did however go to the gym today, and my thirty minutes on the elliptical was noticeably easier this time around.  I think that is a good sign.  Tomorrow is another round with the trainer.  He sent me a list of things I should be doing on my own on the days we don't meet, but to be perfectly honest, I don't even know what half those things are.  I'm assuming they involve machines, but I think I'm going to have to google it.  Or break down and ask someone. 

In Jackie-related news, I am reading a new book about her, and what we can learn from her.  I'm not going to lie, I got about halfway through and was thinking, "Seriously?  She can't be THAT amazing!!"  What do I know.  I'm sitting on the floor in my living room watching the cats roll around in an empty whole foods bag, and hoping they don't try jumping on the ktichen counter and knocking over all the dirty dishes.  I am planning to take a class on Saturday to learn how to not kill orchids, so Saturday afternoon/evening becomes Jackie day.  And this time, I mean business.  That closet is going DOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment